Turn signal wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Maybe thats because he was a new member who came in the gate to be treated by senoir membors acting like an ass take it to fsc if that how you guys are gonna treat new people. its his truck he is entitled to do what he wants

with that said i think i cleaned up all the facepalm pics and I will do more cleaning of this thread later. Keep that stuff to the chat thread no reason for it to be in other sections of the forum.

Last edited:

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Found it kinda funny after cleanin this up some. I leave work get on the interstate and the 5 vehicles in front had amber turn signal a nbs a jeep gran cherokee a kia a honda and another nbs. I think this coukd be a good mod if done rt especailly in my case with dark ass tails. Swap it to 1157 do away with the reverse wires...seeing how I can't see mine anyways. Tap an amber 1157 bulb in socket in line with the signal wiring and use another 1157 tapped off the brake and the excisting now you have brighter brake lights than before. Whille your at you could add a 194 to the top part of the light were there is currently no light period.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Hmmmm now that you describe it that way Devs i could see it working.....so more or less you are cutting the turn signal wiring going to the original turn signal socket and rerouting it to the reverse light placement or just adding a second one tapped off of the turn signal wiring giving you basically 2 turn signal bulbs..one in the reverse and one in the original position? Either one would work if done right.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The actual wiring at the plug is simple as hell, the circuit board is what makes it confusing. Swapping to 1157 sockets would simplify the wiring by a great amount!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Interesting

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is asking for public comment on a proposed new regulation that would mandate vehicle rear turn signals to be amber-colored. Currently, they can be either amber or red, in accordance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 108.

According to a study by NHTSA, amber rear turn signals have proved 5.3% more effective than red turn signals in preventing crashes. The study focused on “switch pairs,” which are vehicles that switched rear turn-signal color from one model year to the next, while controlling for “extraneous factors” such as vehicle and driver traits.

European countries already mandate that turn signals be amber, and although 5.3% sounds like a fairly small difference, NHTSA says it’s statistically significant and in line with other studies done on the subject. If automakers have to make a separate, colored turn signal in the rear it will cost more money for the domestics, but save money for automakers importing European models.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I will be the man to step up and say the way i posted on this made me look like a jackass, and if the OP ever looks at this site again (doubtful), I apologize for my actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.