turn signal switch replacement nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Revelation

Wyoming Dreamn'
Reaction score
is there a how to anywhere on replacing the turn signal switches on 88-94's? I looked but do not see anything. I'm trying to replace mine and have half the column torn apart but still can not figure out how to pull the old one out and put the new one in without tearing the new switch to garbage. i'm having problems pulling the old one through the column i could cut it but I cant cut the new going back down so i want to leave it together to see how it will go back in. my Hanes manual & youtube are no help also

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll try to explain but its not one of my strong points. Bend the wires on the connector so its long ways like the column then pull the switch through with the harness then bend the new one same way and feed it back down

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL, you're gonna hate this.

Turn the wipers to "HI". Pull out. Turn them back to "OFF". Pull out the rest of the way, and remove from column.

If you have cruise, IIRC all you have to do is pop that little plastic square ahead of the turn signal switch off, then disconnect the connector.