Turn signal blinking fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got my hi-beam HID's installed today but after putting it all back together I wen't for a drive and noticed that when I put the left turn signal on it blinks very fast. Werid thing is that when i put the right signal on it is normal. I did happen to break a turn signal bulb in the parking light putting it all back together so I'm thinking this might be the problem but I dont have another bulb to try it out

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
That likely is the problem, but maybe for some reason your lights aren't getting good ground and are sapping energy from the signal. When I installed my Mirrors with LED signal they started freakin out like that. I regrounded my tail lights, which were the problem, and they are fine now.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Gotta be one of the two that were suggested. Is it just a coincidence that it did that after you did your hi's??? Like PROSHO said; could be taking more power away and now the bad ground is showing. Does it do it when your low's or just the high's are on? Most likely the bulb is shot.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It does it when the lows are on and I think when I don't have my light on so I think it must just be the bulb. I'll get a new one tomorow and test it out.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it could also be tail light circut boards, the day we put the nex lights on our truck our boards went out

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I put in a new bulb and that didn't solve the problem so looks like im going to have to check all the grounds but i wont have time til the weekend.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
make sure all bulbs are actually flashing.. could be a loose connection on one of them

Last edited:

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
make sure all bulbs are actually flashing.. could be a loose connection on one of them

Ah I forgot to check all of them, thanks. I only checked the new bulb I put in.

edit: checked all the bulbs so thats not the problem.

Last edited: