Turn signal, all lights in general problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jadaven

Reaction score
So I've pretty much got the truck ready for the road after sitting in the driveway for 4 months. I knew that there was a problem with the reverse lights not working but now it seems to have spread to the whole system.

No Reverse lights: replaced neutral safety switch. Still no lights.

No tail lights with head lights on. Except hazards

Head lights off, have brake lights.

Head lights off, left turn signal results in left front turn signal flash with right rear turn signal flash.

Head lights off, right turn signal results in right front turn signal flash with both rear signals flashing.

Did a search on here and replaced circuit boards in the tails. no change. All bulbs work. So I've been told to check grounds. I'm not convinced that this problem is a grounding issue. Any thoughts before I disassemble the steering column to put in a new turn signal switch?

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds like the problem I had, I'd check your headlight switch?!

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check ALL wiring connections back there that includes the ground you seem to want to ignore. Also if you have the T for trailer wiring, unplug it and plug the two harnesses in to each other, making sure the connections are clean.

Sent from somewhere in MN

jadaven

Reaction score
I've gone through the connections in the back. All the grounds are good. Haven't ventured much forward from the rear of the truck. I did replace the headlight switch which did not have an effect. I'm going to hold off till the weekend and go from the axle forward.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I've gone through the connections in the back. All the grounds are good. Haven't ventured much forward from the rear of the truck. I did replace the headlight switch which did not have an effect. I'm going to hold off till the weekend and go from the axle forward.

Electronic problems... I hate those!

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FYI I have an automatic transmission... I have a problem with my reverse lights. When i put the shifter into reverse, my reverse lights don't come on but when I fiddle with the shifter pushing it up a little back towards park they turn on. Is there something wrong with my shifter rod i couldn't imagine it being something in the transmission.

jadaven

Reaction score
Got a good ole 5 speed. I'll hopefully figure it out over the weekend. Might get an hour tonight.