Turbo v6, my ideas and hopes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An update on this, I'm still in the process of acquiring parts. The turbo is in, I also got a 50mm waste gate that came in yesterday. This is a big turbo and can easily supply the little boost that I want for this engine, thus the larger wastegate.. I've read that people have been successful spooling this turbo with motors even smaller than mine. The map seems to support this, but reality will tell...

Intercooler, piping and a AEM wide band 02 gauge and sensor are on the way.

I have ditched the remote idea, I just don't like the idea of the long oil lines. I'm hoping to score a set of Syclone/Typhoon exhaust manifolds. They are somewhat pricey, and they don't support my LS plans for later, but considering that they are for no longer made limited production vehicles I think if I decide to resell them later it will not be an issue. I'll need an adapter to go from t3 to t4i flange.

Scottydc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still acquiring parts but I'm getting the big stuff out the way.

Syclone manifolds..
You must be registered for see images attach

Aem Wide band guage and boost gauge

Adapter for t3 to the Holset hx55

0411 PCM with connectors

Waste gate...

Not pictured are a oil line kit, marine intake and an intercooler kit that are still boxed up.

Scottydc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've decided to use the Marine intake with an lsx throttle body. I won't install this until later in, initially I will install the turbo components and run very low boost with the CPI to see just how much a cpi can get by with and get the turbo setup as good as possible.

I've also found that Wynjammer makes CPI spider injectors that range all the way up to 62lb per hr. So honestly for simplicity sake the whole marine intake route isn't the only option to tune for boost.. But I personally think it's still the best option overall. Not to mention the lowest cost. The wynjammers are expensive. Ranging from 5-800 depending and still internal injectors which are a pain.

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
Why turbo and not supercharger?
Too simple?

Joo Dun wanna vortec jour vortex?
Wtf
Vortec squared?
Wtf

Last edited:

Scottydc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stage 1 done, 8 lbs of boost, no intercooler and the cpi manifold with the multi-port upgrade.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stage two begins this week with the 0411 pcm swap, intercooler, marine intake, 57lb injectors, more boost and tuning..

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome. Props for actually following through with the idea and not just being "practical" and throwing a V8 in it!

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Where'd you acquire the Marine Intake and the Syclone manifolds? Good to see someone doing something that's not an LS motor for a change

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
That video excited me ever so slightly also like the custom boos gauge mount lol

sent from my glade air freshner