Tune up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys looking to do some basic things like, Plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter.

Any brands better than others?

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For plugs, AC Delco CR43TS. Air filter, Fram CA326. Most everything else I just use the Duralast stuff from Autozone except the cap/rotor that I grabbed the Accel one because the Duralast one that was in the truck for under 10k miles had failed.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I use Delphi for everything, AC Delco for plugs. I've had wayyy to many new parts fail that were the cheap brands.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I use Delphi for everything, AC Delco for plugs. I've had wayyy to many new parts fail that were the cheap brands.

^ this right here. It can be extremely annoying the first few times because you think (well, at least I did) "what the heck is wrong with my truck? part x, y and z are all brand new!!??!!"...yeah...major PITA.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plugs and wires I use Bosch. I always get plugs that you can't gap so you don't have to worry about making sure the gap is right. Filter I used Fram before putting a K&N air intake kit on the truck. Fuel filter no specific brand. If there's no specific brand I like or usually get I like getting a part that's in the middle price wise. I don't like getting the cheapest thing, but also most parts I don't normally have the money to always get the most expensive, so I just get a part that's in the middle. I always go to Autozone or O'Reilly.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
AC Delco. I just fought a issue with the cheaper brand plug wires. Put a BRAND new set of Bosch on, and the wires were arcing. Never again will I use cheap tune up parts. I did get my AC Delco parts from Amazon for about half off tho.