Tune up opinions! And JET chips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright guys so I have asked many questions and answered few. I will change that soon.
But I am about due for a tune up I would suppose (No idea last time it was done).
What brands should I avoid at all costs and which brand should I go for? Money isn't much of an issue because I will buy these parts at different times and install them all at the same time. I am gonna change the Cap and Rotor (probably whole distributor), wires and plugs.

Now about that chip... I see a chip by JET at O'Reillys for like $300 bucks. Has anyone used it? Part #20005
Stage 1 so I know I can use it on a stock engine (pretty good flowing exhaust and high flow air filter. But that exhaust is goin back to stock!) The chip is just a plug in and go apparently. I dont know if I should trust that. I like being able to control what my truck does. Anyway. Yes/No? Or does someone have a better recommendation?
thanks!

and does anyone live in saint paul, mn? Just wonderin. Need a muddin buddy. Dont wanna get stuck you know.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
For the tune up parts, go all AC Delco or Delphi. As for the chip, I've heard they don't do much of anything.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x2 for ACDelco or Delphi. Generic canned tunes generally don't do nearly as much, as well, as a custom tune made just for you and your truck. I'd honestly do whatever mods (or unmods, if you're going back to stock) and call or email a tuner like Black Bear or Wheatley and see what they have to say. Prices should be just about in line with what you would spend on that Jet module.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Jet chips don't do much for these trucks. Get in contact with Mike, the owner of this site. He can make you a custom tune for your truck.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Jet chips don't do much for these trucks. Get in contact with Mike, the owner of this site. He can make you a custom tune for your truck.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Link plz - *nevermind, found it*

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You could create a thread in the MJ Engineering forum section or you could just send him a PM. Hope you have good luck!