true dual straights on 350 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Would I burn my valves over time?

No chance at all. I have run mine 3 different ocassions with just manifolds on it, nothing else. One time was a 45 mile ride up the interstate at 70 mph, It was LOUD, but its not gonna damage it. (burned up some wires that go to the o2 sensors tho, they were in the path of the hot exhaust)

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The stock engines lose performance with dual 3" straights. A stock engine can "handle" dual 2.25" but it will affect your performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Instead of taking the glasspacks out is there anyway I can make them louder? Does the water trickactually work? Thanks for all the replies so far

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Instead of taking the glasspacks out is there anyway I can make them louder? Does the water trickactually work? Thanks for all the replies so far
It used to. Old glass packs used actual fiber glass as the sound deadener, so you could break it up to make it louder via the water trick. Today's glass packs don't use fiber glass and from what I've heard shooting water in them does nothing.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
It used to. Old glass packs used actual fiber glass as the sound deadener, so you could break it up to make it louder via the water trick. Today's glass packs don't use fiber glass and from what I've heard shooting water in them does nothing.

Agreed. Tried in on a friends truck and no difference.

98_k1500

Reaction score

Yea, iv never seen this done successfully either. I think its a myth. If you ever cut open a glasspack, it got a fiberglass "cloth" in it. Water is not gonna affect it.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Don't know why I didn't think about it before, but have you thought about running electric exhaust cut outs? Would cost a good chunk of cash but would give you the head turning sound your looking for when you want it, and glass packs when you just cruising.

98_k1500

Reaction score
Don't know why I didn't think about it before, but have you thought about running electric exhaust cut outs? Would cost a good chunk of cash but would give you the head turning sound your looking for when you want it, and glass packs when you just cruising.

Seems to be a hot topic on the forum these days. I'd opt for the cable actuated ones, but im running straights anyway, so it would be kinda pointless.