Truckin'Ain'tForSissies RCSB Dedicated Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Damn, its been a while.

UPDATE:

For the last month I've been working on restoring the heavily scratched/etched/micro-marred paint.

I'm using a Porter Cable PC7424XP random orbital buffer combined with Lake Country buffing pads and an assortment of compounds and polishes.

It's been a learning procedure to say the least.

Although being a noob to the professional detailing world I must say that my truck has came a long way!

Pictures to come

TA4S

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow you do still exist......havent seen you in awhile

painting the whole truck flat black or what??

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Last week my drivers side mirror decided it couldn't take anymore punishment from my Kicker CVR and fell onto the ground breaking into many pieces.

Sweet, I've been meaning to swap that **** out!

A few months ago I had an opportunity to get first dibs on a Denali that was being parted-out (right side damage).

One of the things I grabbed was it's door mirror. But not just any ol' run-of-the-mill mirror... This one is Heated (defrost) AND Auto Dimming! The Dimming feature is tied into the rearview mirror.

I've only installed the mirror, over the next few days I'll wire up the dimming function.

As far as the heated part- I want this to look factory. So I'll have to pick up a HVAC out of a SUV and wire that ***** up!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

TA4S

Did you ever end up doing this? And if so, do you have any pics on how you wired it up?

I just ordered these mirrors a few days ago (not sure if they have auto dim though)

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I am going to do the same thing with the s10 blazer lens I have. :)

I just haven't gotten around to it. :lol: I pulled a few extra map light buttons for it a while ago that I'm going to use so I can easily turn it on and off instead of wiring it to the courtesy light circuit like the other dome lights.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I just performed THE BIGGEST BURNOUT yet.
I got a wild hair up my ass and decided to flip a ***** (at the light) and hammer down! One tire fire baby!

Pics to follow shortly

TA4S