Truck Toppers? What do you think of them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jblthunder

Reaction score
Im currently in the process of buing a 1988 chevy k1500 scsb and it has a nice topper on it i dont know if i should keep it or sell it to a buddy with the same model just in a 92.
SO ANY TIPS PLEASE

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I usually like having a tall canopy, low ones are a pain to get things in and out of.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Are you talking about the ones that are flush to the cab or go higher then the cab? Id say if its all even, itll look nice, gives it a yukon look, if it go higher i dont find they look at that attractive...

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I personally don't care for toppers, I had a nice one on my 94' when i bought it but that came off pretty quick! If you can sell it, go for it! Toppers are a pretty hard thing to sell!

Sent from my Motorola Bravo

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine came with one that raises, at first didn't think it would look to bad if i painted it (topper is red and truck is blue). But it came off pretty quick and don't see it going back on. Like being able to reach in on the sides especially when camping. Plus if I can find a Lund Razorback one like to put that on there. I don't know why but just like the looks of them. Bought one for my Dakota but haven't seen anyway for a decent price for my 94 since they have been discontinued.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Some look really good, and can be very handy to have!!!

Got any pics of yours?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck Toppers? What do you think of them?

It really doesn't matter what any of us think of them. The real question is what do you think of them? Surely you have your own opinion of how they look. Do you like the look? Would it be useful for you to have?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Pickup trucks are more visually appealing without IMHO.

But, they are just too handy not to have.

Cab height and color matched is a good compromise, but you can't beat a raised rear for utility.

Driving visibility is better with them off and the truck just seems lighter and easier to maneuver.

But, first time it rains and I need to throw something in the bed or the dogs have been running through a swamp or at the beach makes a truck cap worth it's weight in gold. Moving across country the cap was an essential piece of kit.

If you haul around a lot of loose stuff on occasion (or regularly) a cap is a godsend for loading and ripping down the highway. Throw your loose/light stuff in the bed, close the back and rip down the highway at whatever speed you want. No bits flying out, no crazy tiedown schemes to keep all kinds of stuff in the bed.

Things are also lockable under a cap, but it's all relative with locking things in a vehicle. Anything with glass windows is only ever so locked.

Depending on how you "camp", it can become your home away from home in a pinch. I'll take sleeping in the bed of the truck under a cap in a surprise summer rain storm over a tent any day. Warm, dry and secure....

Here's mine:

You must be registered for see images attach

Big, white and somewhat "fugly". But I also only paid 50 bucks for it.

The raised rear is great, I don't have to crunch over like a monkey ******* a football every time I have to climb in there. I highly recommend one if you plan to actually use your truck. I can even get a quad into my bed and move around with the raised rear.

Here's a similar setup but color matched:

You must be registered for see images attach

I fought it for many years, but I can't live without it anymore......there's just waaaay to much utility having it on there to not have one.

And I can always take it off with 4 clamps when I need to pick up a load of gravel, topsoil or mulch.

1BadGMC is right; only you have to like it. Fug everyone else.....

Last edited: