Truck bogs under load. Runs fine otherwise.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Runs great, idles great feels very strong. When underpaid it bogs. Just putting around town it runs great.

Not sure if this is the regulator spring or fuel pump or combination of the two.

I'm running melling mtc-1 cam. Tbi chips stage 2 Level 4. Headers, no cat.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen way more pumps then regulators go bad. Put a vortec pump in it and be done.

I think that's the route I'm going to take. I was just uncertain if that may be the problem or not. I did a lot of looking around online and I think if I upgrade the fuel pump and change the regulator spring I should be good to go. Now I just have to figure out what spring to get. All that Harris Performance or Tbichips.com sales is an 18, I'm not sure if that would be too much or not. I've found a few others online that are around 15 pound. Just not sure which one to get.

Definitely going to put an ep381 in the tank though.

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen adjustable set ups and that might be the way to go. Watch the O2 signal and make sure your not going lean. if you see you are turn it up. Remember stock is 12ish PSI so 18 is easily 30+% more fuel.