truck acting up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck has been actin up for a couple of weeks now like it surges like it need a tune up or something.so i put plugs,wires,rotor,dist cap and fuel filter on it and it still does it and my service engine light was on so i went and got the codes read and one was about my mass air flow and something about emissions but my main question is if my mass air flow sensor is dirty or something like that will it make the truck do that. Plz just need to figure out whats going on with it

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes your MAF can very easily cause that and that could be the reason for the emissions related code too.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
in my experience with maf sensors they can also cause it to be pretty sluggish taking off too

Sent from my static android

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
usually if u get a MAF code, its a faulty MAF

take ur intake ducting off and look at the MAF, and see if there are any broken pieces of the mesh, or if its caked with dirt or oil...id start there

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can get us the actual codes that would help.

What brand parts did you use for your tune up? Vortec's are VERY picky about ignition components....

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you can get us the actual codes that would help.

What brand parts did you use for your tune up? Vortec's are VERY picky about ignition components....

are they really? wats the main components/bands?

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright guys so far i got the whole surging deal fixed it hasnt done it so far. but yesterday when i went to leave work i started it up and it was idling rough and when i barely hit the gas it would almost die then pick up but after i let it sit there for a min and warm up it ran fine and i figured it was with the whole mass air flow deal so this morning leavin work i didnt think it would do it but yes it did it again but it only seems to do it when its cold cause i can let it sit all day while i sleep and not start it up till i go back to work and it runs fine. can anybody give me an idea of what this could be plz