Treadwrights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my buddy has the guard dogs on his jeep cherokee, on my jeep cherokee i have bfg km2s on my jeep and everytime we go wheeling he goes everywhere i go, and has problems everywherei have problems. so if you ask me for a third of the bring as the name brand bfg they do very wheel in mud, rock, and can easily be driven everyday.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Didn't read the thread, but I hope you guys have good service from them. I had some that were purchased when the prior owners of the company still owned it. They wore out of round. They were Goodyear cores, which may have been part of the problem. The Goodyear Wrangler ATS's that I had years ago wore out of round too.

Another thing I didn't like was they seemed to be super heavy when moving around by hand... I didn't get a scale out.

I wouldn't purchase them again unless it was for a vehicle that wouldn't be leaving the property.

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 'Axiom' 275-18s. Probably 1000 miles so far. I bought the 'soft' rubber. I bought the Treadwrights simply because the truck came to me with 18" Toyota wheels and these were the cheapest option.
They are very heavy. Don't care. I mounted them myself, and they are the roundest, easiest to balance big tires I've ever worked with. That's no guarantee they'll stay round, but it's a fine start. They're far quieter on the highway than I expected them to be, in fact I'll call them 'quiet'. There is zero apparent wear so far, with 90% city driving and plenty of u-turns. They are dead smooth on the highway as well.
So far I'm very happy. For the 'old thread' readers, this order was Feb '23.

You must be registered for see images attach

LT | AT AXIOM 275/70R18 10 PLY REMOLD USA - Winter Kedge​

Quantity: 4
Total: $177.99​
Subtotal: $759.18
Shipping: $0.00
Total: $759.18​

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never heard good things about them. Have seen a few pics in others discussions about them coming undone in grand fashion destroying quarter panels and fenders in the process. New tread on an aged out core, what have you really got...a set of Maypops.

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard good things about them. Have seen a few pics in others discussions about them coming undone in grand fashion destroying quarter panels and fenders in the process. New tread on an aged out core, what have you really got...a set of Maypops.
Can't speak to history, but it's important to note that these are not 'retreads' they are 'remolds'. There is no tread seam to separate. If they have properly vetted and prepared the carcass, they are no different than new. Only time will tell. I figured for $750 I could take that risk.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't speak to history, but it's important to note that these are not 'retreads' they are 'remolds'. There is no tread seam to separate. If they have properly vetted and prepared the carcass, they are no different than new. Only time will tell. I figured for $750 I could take that risk.
I wish I could remember where I saw the info, maybe Pirate 4x4. There are a few horror stories out there. Call it a remold, call it a retread, call it re-capped., All re-vulcanized rubber on used casings. I don't see a tremendous difference other than terminology when I was looking at them. They used to list what casings they were done on.

Last edited:

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will the Federal Government allow you to use them on a steering axle? If not, and you get into any kind of collision, you're going to be defending their use to the jury.
Not unless it's commercial.

§ 393.75 Tires.​

(a) No motor vehicle shall be operated on any tire that—
(1) Has body ply or belt material exposed through the tread or sidewall,
(2) Has any tread or sidewall separation,
(3) Is flat or has an audible leak, or
(4) Has a cut to the extent that the ply or belt material is exposed.

(b) Any tire on the front wheels of a bus, truck, or truck tractor shall have a tread groove pattern depth of at least 4⁄32 of an inch when measured at any point on a major tread groove. The measurements shall not be made where tie bars, humps, or fillets are located.

(c) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, tires shall have a tread groove pattern depth of at least 2⁄32 of an inch when measured in a major tread groove. The measurement shall not be made where tie bars, humps or fillets are located.

(d) No bus shall be operated with regrooved, recapped or retreaded tires on the front wheels.

(e) A regrooved tire with a load-carrying capacity equal to or greater than 2,232 kg (4,920 pounds) shall not be used on the front wheels of any truck or truck tractor.

(f) No motor vehicle may be operated with speed-restricted tires labeled with a maximum speed of 55 mph or less in accordance with S6.5(e) of FMVSS No. 119 at speeds that exceed the rated limit of the tire.