Transmission pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

insbroker2

Reaction score
1998 K2500 350/automatic. One of my trans cooling lines has rusted out. It looks like a difficult job to replace the cooler lines? Is there much pressure in the lines that I could just do a repair with rubber hose? Thanks.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There is hose specifically rated as transmission cooling line hose. This will be OK for a temporary fix but you want to clamp the holy hell out of it so it can't slip off. Problem is, if a section rusted out, the rest of it may be in poor shape, too. Probably goes without saying if you suddenly spring a leak under load, it takes almost no time at all to destroy your transmission.

Richard

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's best to put a flare on the line to help hold the hose. But it will hold that's how we used to do aftermarket coolers at the transmission shop I used to work at

insbroker2

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Parts store tomorrow to get hose. Can anyone tell me the difficulty in changing both lines?