Transmission from 2000 onto ap 94 mdel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick94

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if the transmission from a 2000 4x4fit my19942wheeldrive?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
No matter what year the trans is you would have problems using a 4WD trans in a 2WD truck. They have a different tail shaft.

LT1/TA

Reaction score
The tail shaft can be changed but you will have to disassemble some of the trans.

If you were willing to change out the tail shaft and lock the TCC regulator valve in the valve body with a spring or do the"stake mod" I think that the transmission will work,
but I would not go through that much trouble unless it was free or dirt cheap and you knew that trans was good.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any thing will work. You could put a dodge transmission in your 94 if you wanted too. The electronics are different, the tail shaft, tail housing, bell housing, and torque converter, shift linkage. It's still named a 4L60E, but there are major differences. Such as length. If its free, you would still spend more putting it in.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
you need a 93-94 trans, 95+ has many different revisions through the years and won't work as a direct bolt in

LT1/TA

Reaction score
Any thing will work. You could put a dodge transmission in your 94 if you wanted too. The electronics are different, the tail shaft, tail housing, bell housing, and torque converter, shift linkage. It's still named a 4L60E, but there are major differences. Such as length. If its free, you would still spend more putting it in.

I think that you are taking this to the extreme,I was just telling the op that a swap is possible.
This is why I dont bother to post on here very often.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I meant no disrespect at all I promise... Just didn't want him buying the transmission under the assumption that he could do a simple tailshaft swap and it work. I also am hesitant on posting on forums on being slammed. But I assure you I meant no disrespect at all. I do get customers at least once every week or so come in that they have sank a lot of money in units they buy online or get advise on line that end up wasting a ton of money trying to get out cheaper but it ends up costing more. So I get on and try and give the best info I can. Very sorry if I offend or ever cross any lines.

LT1/TA

Reaction score
Thanks rhino,no offense taken and I totally agree with what you are saying.There are so many people selling things parts in a shady manner,people on craigslist are the worst although I do like craigslist you just have to be cautious.I never meant any harm or try to miss guide the op by telling him it would work,I just meant that I think that it will work but it is not a direct fit it will require parts swapping.

Rhino what kind of work do you do?

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a transmission shop, and a transmission parts business. Started about 16 years ago doing transmissions, then bought the business 8 years ago. Right before the economy hit the fan lol. I mainly sell parts to local shops. I do have a website and an Ebay store I sell a few items on, just finding the time to list everything is killer.