trans pop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98CheyenneCO

Reaction score
So ive driven my truck twice today, the first time i went to the store, everything was fine drove perfect

Second time i start the truck, i start driving but now its rattling like its ready to die out. Ive got a popping noise coming from right under me which im guessing is the trans. Its real sluggish especially going up a hill. idling rough as well but only when its in drive. Idle at park its completely steady and stable.

any ideas? Im about to have it towed to a shop but if anybodys had this issue let me know plz.

98 cheyenne 5.7 vortec reg cab long bed

jrjohn77

Reaction score
This is my first post. I'm experiencing the same problem in my 95 Sierra. At first it seemed to be an idling issue, but now the truck is having issues cruising and while driving up inclines, especially in OD. Any more information would be helpful. Thanks.

jrjohn77

Reaction score
My problem turned out to be a cracked/split spark plug cable. Installed new spark plugs, cables, rotor and cap = problem solved.