Trans flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

code

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My trans is starting to slip and i Want to flush my trans and replace with something a little thicker to help fend off a rebuild I can't afford right now. Anyone have specs on how much fluid I'm going to need and some kind of additive to thicken it up?

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Flushing it won't help. Just save up for a rebuild. Bite the bullet

sent from my glade air freshner

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Yep, if it's slipping, it's too late. Don't be that guy who flushes a slipping trans, then blames the failure on the flush lol.

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Sounds like its toast....You might try adding a can of Lucas Trans Fix.....add it to the existing fluid. It may buy you some time....and dont beat on it

code

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it's toast. Just trying to put it off a little longer as this is my only vehicle to get to work in... I won't get any extra life out of flushing the fluid?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
You will cause more damage possibly. If anything, drop the pan and replace the filters and the fluid that comes out. Add Lucas. It's inevitable at this point. Drive it till it completely ruins it or fix it now.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
No. You would have gotten extra life, had it been drained and filled regularly, but now it's gone. Your onl hope is Lucas, lubegard, some type of rebuld in a can that never works for me lol.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't flush it, whatever shavings are in there you need to leave them in... try Lucas, I've heard it works but not forever....

I just got a quote to rebuild my trans, $2,500. I know its still good but I'm getting ready

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
If anything I've hear brake fluid works too. I don't know for sure since I've never tried it

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
If anything I've hear brake fluid works too. I don't know for sure since I've never tried it

In theory, it's a hydraulic system, any hydraulic fluid should work. I used machine hydraulic fluid in my Yukon when it sprung a leak one night at work.