tps problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freeman35

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the problem im having is with my tps, its strange whats happening. if my engine is cold it is fine but whenever it gets to normal operating temp it'll throw my ses light on and idle will go crazy and itll shift hard. the code is 22 which is tps, ive replaced the tps and the little gasket too. this is a huge headache for me if anybody has dealt with this before id appreciate any input

66mike

Reaction score
same issue - frustrating to find intermittent Po122. Turns out the factory TPS harness female connectors get compromised & will lose proper contact with the TPS male connectors on any or all 3 of the wires (reference, signal and ground). Temperature fluctuations and vibration will make it appear to come & go randomly. Replaced pigtail for $20 and seems to be fine. Failing that, it's most likely that you have a wiring issue somewhere in the harness; you can run the signal & 5V reference directly to the PCM outside of the factory harness and connect the ground to a good point or battery negative if all else fails.