Toyo Open Country MT or Nitto Trail Graps ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which tires would be the better choice?

Toyo Open Country MT (33x12.50x20)
or
Nitto Trail Grappler MT (305-55R20)

Road Noise, Tread Wear, Traction, etc...

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't say for the toyos but you won't be disappointed with the trail grapplers. They arnt noisy they just make a nice noise going down the road. They grip great on and off road can't say much for the wear only had them for 3000 miles but from what IV seen they wear great.

texasrebel88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
dad ran the toyos on his hd for a year for 45k miles out of them.. dont know much of the nittos tho, but everyone and there moms have em now

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
just to let you know nitto are made by toyo. and it is true the toyos are getting popular and they do last a while. thats why im running them now but i am thinking about running the nitto muds next. the trail grapplers are getting more common here in cali.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly man either one is a win/win...BUT I was 1 click away from ordering the Nitto's when I found my Toyo's new on craigs...I've never been a fan of any of Nitto's tires until the trail graps but I will say that the Toyos are proven time and time again. As long as your aligned and have good front suspension parts you are going to get a looong life out of them. I also believe the Toyo's look way better on a 20" wheel. They have a very cool sidewall design that goes along perfect on a 20" but also I notice the slightest hum to my 37x13.50's and It's no where near over bearing. It's perfect. The Toyo's also measure more true so a Toyo 33" is in fact a 33" and Nitto's are like BFG's they measure a tad small so a 33" is really a 32.something...As I said though, I believe either one's a win/win. If I could go back again I'd buy these Toyo's every time. Nothing but 5 star reviews from everyone. They look, feel, and ride as well as anything I've heard.

Am I too late in here? Have you picked one out? Either way you're going to be happy, but It will make me happy knowing you got the Toyoz! They're the shiznastys.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
personally i would say nitto

i have never ran either one but everyone i see have the toyos now adays...and from what ive seen is that every one with the nittos love them

personaly i love my km2s but thats just mee

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wanted the km2's at first but I cant seem to find them anywhere for a decent price! Plus I ran nitto terra graps on my 95 with 18" rims and they lasted like a champ. I havent decided yet but i think im leaning towards the trails... sorry Southern! I think i like the look better, plus since they are made by toyo im assuming its like toyos make nittos like infinity makes altima.. more just brand name over anything. I still am waiting to sell my 99 hoe before i buy them so who knows what could happen ive been bickering back and forth between what wheels/ wheel size and what tire/ tire size to run for about a month now. At least i have time to really get a good grasp of whats what before i decide. But thanks guys I REALLY! appreciate all your help you guys are the ****! :rocking:

theoutlaw

Reaction score
Neither. I've had nothing but bad luck with several different Toyo tires. I say BF Goodrich or Goodyear. Maybe Cooper. I had a Toyo Open Country blow out on me going over the mountain pass in Oregon. Tire pressure was good because I just checked it not even 3 miles before it happened while I was stopped at the rest area. I've also noticed that Toyos don't do as well in the rain as other brands.