Toyo Open Country MT or Nitto Trail Graps ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
id say trail graps, from everyone ive talked to that runs them they love them, they seem not to be too loud but have a nice hum ( for what i could hear between the exhaust and my cousin blairing music, ive never been in a truck with toyos, but if you do more highway driving i sugest terra graps, they will get more miles

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I do more highway driving, but how much more of a difference in miles do you think id get between trail graps and terra graps? I had the terra's on my 95 and liked them but would prefer to go a little more agressive now.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im not exactally sure, but if your wanting to go more agressive then just go ahead with the trailgraps, they are more geared to being offroaded so they dont hold up as well on road, here is a link to their site, it shows the terragraps being the best all around tire out of the grappler
http://www.nittotire.com/index.html

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TLoud you will get plenty of life from the trails as long as you keep those tie rods and ball joints etc. in good condition. Please for the love of god don't get the Terra Graps. They look like huge car tires! Get the ones you want, the trails. They are getting excellent reviews. The life difference between those and terra's is nothing even significant. It's all about keep it aligned, rotated, and keeping everything tight. You do that and your golden. I just made my bfg muds last 5 years by doing that, only rotated once. The front end needed replacing not too long ago and the front ones wore weird the backs were still in awesome condition. If you're paying the money get the tire you really want! It'll look killer and you'll have them a long time to come.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I think I finally figure out what Im gonna do but and still not 100% on the wheels. 20x10's with 305-55-20 trail graps and then I think I might go with the Fuel Throttles

You must be registered for see images

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for the tires i say trail graps! did you ever do any offroading with the terra graps? IMO they suck off road and dont look like truck tire. for the wheels i think the deep dish fuel octanes look the best. would look real good with some mud graps on em but man they are loud! lol

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea i originally wanted to do the chrome octanes but they look like **** unless theyre a x12 or x14 wide wheel and i decided to go with a x10 so I think im gonna do the throttles. Everythings gonna be blacked out so i figure going black with the wheels will look good to bad the cops here are jackass's so i cant go black with my window tint i got ticketed with 35% on my 95 and when i switched it to 50% which is the legal limit here i still got hassled :( f*ckin coppers booooo