tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Ranch

Reaction score
While Im thinkin about it, I have the ebay created GMT800 tow mirrors on my truck, I love them, but, I have two issues with them, even with the supplied stiffener brackets the mirrors still shake horribly goin down the road, and, the lower half of the signal LED's on both sides (mine are both signal and markers) are burned out. Is there any way to stop the mirror shake? If I hold the mirror assembly with my hand under tension goin down the road the shake stops...wonder if the pivot is the issue? any ideas? I know the glass itself shakes within the housing too because lets face it, even for 300 bucks, theyre still cheap copy aftermarket stuff.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I think the shaking is a common problem with them... Someone said they just got used to it. Even my stock mirror shakes sometime...

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The mirror shake is prolly just the way it is, my stock mirrors wouldnt shake but overtime they would change postion, replaced them with the stock style ones from LMC and they have a shake to them the mirror doesn't change postion tho just kinda annoying, seams to be pretty common with replacement mirrors from what I've seen

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Is it the mirror shaking or the housing?

The glass shaking can be fixed fairly easily with a spring tab and a piece of teflon.

The mount shaking can be anything from the design top the construction to how they are mounted on the truck.....

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
the mirrors shake because they are heavy and the mounts are too small.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread, but my dodge mirrors are rock solid. I can grab the truck and rock it back and forth by the mirror arms.

The glass is a different story. It will shake when rolling down the road.

The OEM dodge ones would do the same thing, but they have a spring tab that rides on a teflon strip that steadies it.

The aftermarket ones I have on the truck do not have the tab.

But they will in very short order...:)

GMC Ranch

Reaction score
how does one go about putting the teflon strip and spring stop in/on? anyone have pictures of the install and where the parts are available? I was thinking of using a piece of foam behind the glass to support it. The housings themselves do shake due to as previously mentioned, the mirrors being heavy and the stock doors never being made to handle a tow mirror. Though while were on the derailment however, anyone ever adapted ford tow mirrors to a chevy? Gasp...I mentioned a blue oval...haha I dont think the bases would remotely work on an obs.

Also Kyle97GMC, what bumper are you running up front? I was thinkin about getting a TAG wincher but I really like the look of that one

Last edited: