Totally lost ---- have searched and searched and can't figure out my miss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay ill do a search on it.. i may replace it anyway for peace of mind, im tired of trying to figure it out, id rather replace it all so i wont have to worry about going down anymore since this is my work truck that i need for business. weird thing is my check engine light has only came on once since all this has been going on but it went off before i could get home to check the code,.

tomb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should still be in memory even with the light out...
When you say its a throttle body does it have injectors in it? If so you may verify the injector part numbers are the same.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Have you checked fuel pressure?

I also unplugged the CTS and the truck went nuts so does that mean it's working?
No. Those are one of those finicky parts that I will replace on a whim if I ever have any slight indication that it may be faulty. It's a relatively cheap part, and it plays a big part in adjusting fuel/timing. Very often they can produce a bogus reading yet not set the SES light.

tomb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the mixture is too rich. Warmer air is less dense with oxygen so a rich mixture runs better in cold air. There is an art to back pinning your oxygen sensor and reading the results on a DIGITAL volt meter. Remember, with every pulse of exhaust it creates a small amount of voltage. I usually see an average peak of .8 volts. (Give or take a tenth) if the peaks are averaging .6 then the sensor it telling the PCM its lean thus the PCM is making it richer. .6 = get a new O2 sensor.

2000 K2500 RCLB with 3500 axles, Hummer rims and 315 70R17s (poor mans project)