Torque app for android.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Hey has anyone used the android app Torque?

I posted this in performance and maintenance because it's monitoring and code scanning. anyways if anyone has used it please post up how you liked it.
I downloaded the pay version of it and now I'm just waiting for the OBDII bluetooth adapter to show up in the mail.
I also ordered a windshield phone clip for my Galaxy S captivate. so far the app looks super cool and I can't wait to play with it.

My parts should be here next week sometime. so I should be able to get pics up.
I looked for a pre-existing thread on this but you know how many threads have the word Torque in them. if there is a thread on this product just let me know. thanks guys/gals

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I use it all the time for a code reader and it,works pretty well usually pretty accurate now I've never used it for the monitoring type stuff but for what I use it for I love it

Sent from my static android

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I can tell you anything you need to know about it honestly. For it being around thirty bucks for adapter and app its well worth it just as a code reader.. Plus you have the benefit of real time info readouts. What would you like to know?

Sent from my 5.7L beast machine

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
What adapter you bought. What phone are you running. And you say all the readings are fairly accurate.

Crewcab Steve.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
What adapter you bought. What phone are you running. And you say all the readings are fairly accurate.

Crewcab Steve.

I have the adapter that's got the blue/orange sticker on it and I'm using a Samsung galaxy s 4g..... but I've used it I'm several phones,with good results everytime

Sent from my static android

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I have a HTC rezound.. But I've used it on plenty of phones. I have a elm327 adapter. It has a blue and orange sticker on it. Its roughly four inches long.. There's no brand name on it that I can see so that's the only way i can describe it.. I'll take a pic when I go back out to my truck...

As for the app like I said many readouts are available I'll include a couple of screen shots in about an hour I got make a Walmart trip lol.. But the code reader function can scan it will readout codes it gives you the option to search for a in depth explanation of the problem but has a short description to see what it is.. You can clear the faults on the ecu if you chose. Now the readout part.. You can set it up however you chose. Having torque,horsepower at wheels I'd imagine, rpm speed.. And the speed can go off of GPS or obd.. I have mine set via obd the tach is dead on with my trucks dash the speed is within 1mph so I'm not sure which to believe since both are coming from the truck itself.. It can calculate instant mpgs.. Keep in mind that it will jump around a lot with how you drive.. But you can also set up a average mpgs display.. You have coolant displays, vacuum displays, timing advance, engine load, battery voltage, roll and pitch meters, there are others but those are what I normally use... Just an FYI..make sure you set at the units to what you want before you set up the displays because sometimes they don't like to change unless you delete your display. Also make sure you setup you vehicle profile the more accurate it is in the profile the closer the horsepower torque and mpg readouts will be.. It can be tricky setting it up the first time so when you get your adapter if you need help hit me up.. Oh if you do any trail riding or anything since you bought a winsheild mount I'd download the app add called track recorder its pretty badass its records with you phones camera and add gauges to the screen. Also if you drive around with your GPS on it will a track the roads you drove and save all of your engine data from the trip. You also have the option to have the app upload the info to your PC. If you need anything else just ask. I'll try to get some screens or a short video up sometime soon

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I had it in my truck 8 have it In a buddy's corvette and his gauges readout mpgs this app matched what his corvette was showing. And these trucks from what I've seen average 16ish.. That's what I normally run around 16-18 when I'm running at 50 mph.. Just remember vehicle profile is critical to calculate mpgs. Correct tire size, weight, motor size all determine how accurate the app is

Chevy8697

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited: