Top Kick, Kodiak, 3500HD Exterior Door Handle Info, Cheap Handles, and Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I think I was charged a $4 or so handling fee plus around $8 in shipping for everything for a four door. Not exactly a steal, but far from a rip off, especially considering the parts were at my door the day after they received them.

Anyway, I updated the first post with new (lower!) pricing on handles and yet another place to buy cheap handles.
Will update the first post with barn door info once I get everything finalized myself.
If anyone has tried these on a tailgate I'd love to see it.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Every time I ordered from GMPD, I had to wait at least a week for them to even ship the order. Last time I used them, I waited well over a month for my order and couldn't reach anyone in customer service.

I've had much better luck with partszoneonline.com and surprisingly, my local dealership.

TomCoppola

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it all working with the lock cylinder bypassed. Handle from a bucket that was in my yard seems to be pretty much the exact same metal as the factory rods, so that's what I used to make the last rod. Lock is controlled by the power locks and remote, same as the back doors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTV4JxL9MjY

You must be registered for see images attach

Those handles look so good on the truck man.

Sent from my Vortec powered iPhone

tsoderstrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just priced it all at $103 with shipping using your links. I'm sold ordering the parts today. Your truck looks awesome.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I don't think they would work on a tailgate since it isn't lifting/pushing on a rod but rather squeezing the scissor piece to pull in the rods

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody know if the rear door instalation would work the same on a Tahoe? Because my rear doors on the hoe are half doors since they meet the wheel well halfway. And I don't want to do the front and not the rear doors too lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Hey Richard, your links to GMPartsDirect for Drivers Lock/Latch Rod, Passenger Lock/Latch Rod, and Passenger Handle/Latch Rod are dead ends now. It says they are discontinued.