To Keep the hood scoop or to ditch it?

Keep the hood scoop or ditch it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
After seeing some on the road, I've decided I don't like them. They might work on a slammed truck, but cowl hoods are just a much cleaner and classic look. Here are some photos I've gathered over the years, I've even seen a couple around town. If you've ever seen it in person, you might change your mind.

You must be registered for see images attach

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a while since I been on here due to a change of schedule at work, but I got my stock hood put on!

Not a very good picture, but it is what it is.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Alot nicer man! I honestly thought the other hood was over the top since day one.... this fits your truck alot better!

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still like my cowl hood, but I already got it traded for 8 smc valves sooo it will be gone forever here in next couple days lol

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dunno. I really hope no one takes offense to this but the stick on faux scoops, cowls, other scoops, 442's, all look straight-up PepBoys rice'ish to me - strictly personally. Especially because 99% don't serve any mechanical purpose (like Pontiac RamAir). I really prefer the clean look of a stock hood. Just sayin... I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder... and if the hoods make you happy, that's all that really matters. Screw what anybody else thinks. <flame_on>

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
I dunno. I really hope no one takes offense to this but the stick on faux scoops, cowls, other scoops, 442's, all look straight-up PepBoys rice'ish to me - strictly personally. Especially because 99% don't serve any mechanical purpose (like Pontiac RamAir). I really prefer the clean look of a stock hood. Just sayin... I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder... and if the hoods make you happy, that's all that really matters. Screw what anybody else thinks. &lt;flame_on&gt;

All keystone hoods are functions as a ram air.

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't mean any of insult. My apologies if it was taken that way. I look at it kind of like art.

As far as the ram-air, does the Keystone have a direct funnel to a corresponding custom intake? It would need it to benefit from any appreciable increase in power at speed.