Repaint emerald green or color change to black?

Repaint Emerald green or color change to black?

• Emerald green metallic

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Black metallic

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Srt007

Reaction score
Having a tough time deciding. I always paint all my rides satin black or bright white. I didnt like this emerald green metallic when i picked it up a few weeks ago but i grabbed it cause it had a nice LS swap already done to it. Now after a little bit I kind of like the green but Black on these trucks looks sweeeet

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having a tough time deciding. I always paint all my rides satin black or bright white. I didnt like this emerald green metallic when i picked it up a few weeks ago but i grabbed it cause it had a nice LS swap already done to it. Now after a little bit I kind of like the green but Black on these trucks looks sweeeet

Perfectly clean black trucks polished to a cobweb-free car show 'wet look' do have a classic formal 'tuxedo' look.

And the last time I wanted a vehicle painted my trusted autobody guru wanted to know if I wanted the car
straight? Or black straight? (More time, more bank.) Satin black helps, but it still needs to be straighter
than average. And of course, no matter how straight, about 20 minutes after the car wash the Black truck is
shiny but dusty.

Bright white is the most forgiving, visually. Just about any car in the real world looks straighter & sharper in bright white.

I know that Black & White are both very popular these days, and I get it. But I don't know if I would walk across
a parking lot to see yet another Black or White truck. But if it was a clean, buffed Emerald Green metallic
machine I would make a beeline to it, rain or shine, in order to check it out. You just don't see them very often, and
they look so rich/different. (IMHO, it's right up there with Indigo Blue metallic for the same reasons.)

That's my 2¢ worth. But the real answer is that you should paint it whatever color that makes you want
to look out the window the first thing in the morning/last thing at night in order to enjoy the view.

:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dark cherry color of the newer chargers/challengers. Personally that green is the beige of the gm 90s paint colors, at least in my opinion.

Go for something modern. Never do black. I’ll never own another black vehicle. My bronco is stormtroopered out but my 89 1500 is a nice blue shade. Debating if I should repaint that color or go with the mopar color I mentioned.
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It would help if we had pics!!

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I’m admittedly biased, but I have to say go with EGM.

Having owned exactly one black car in my life, I agree with @Road Trip that a black car looks great a very small percentage of the time.

Mine was a Brilliant Black Crystal metallic Charger that was drop dead gorgeous when clean.

I replaced it with a Billet Silver metallic Charger, mainly because it was way easier to keep clean.

Emerald Green Metallic is a great choice, IMHO.

Jeepwalker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Green would be period-correct for an OBS truck! That was the 90's man! Green was everywhere! Houses had green siding. Green tile and carpet was popular. Green vehicles were everywhere!! There were a TON of Emerald Green trucks up where I lived back then. It seemed like every 3rd pickup regardless of make was green. I remember saying that to my wife. I painted my dad's square-body truck emerald green back in the 90's when it was a vogue color. He liked it. It looked good. Great actually.

Then green disappeared and gray/silver/white took over. But green is coming back. Personally, I'm not a big fan of green. Owned a couple, that was enough. But if you did a 2-tone, with tan, let's say, or silver, they actually look pretty good. Green goes in and out of style about every 15 years. Blue's always looks good and not as vulnerable to trends. But if you like Green, One good thing about green is it's a pretty inexpensive color. Hides rust, dust & dirt pretty well. Easy to paint w/o visible streaking.

If your vehicle is green it would be an easy re-spray and probably makes sense. Changing a vehicle's color (doing it RIGHT) is a ton of work. If you spray a green vehicle black, every time there's a chip or scratch anywhere, esp in the box ..or door jambs, around the tailgate, it'll show green underneath. Unless you strip it all off, have a box liner, etc. Green would be your path of least resistance. Yeah, two-tone Gn/tan or Gn/Silver would get my vote. That saves you a lot of work too. My brother has a Gn/Silver Ford OBS that looks pretty good.

Last edited: