Tired of the Low Life. Need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamf93

Reaction score
Hey fellow GM enthusiasts! I bought a 93 Chevy c1500, completely stock. I don't know much about tires & suspension yet but i'm looking forward to learning. Right now, I have 235/75/R15's on the front & 275/60/R15's on the rear. I had to replace the tires after sometime whenever i brought the truck & I never changed the size of them. I recently replaced the shocks as well. I love my truck, but I don't like how I feel almost every bump on the road. I'm not familiar with "soft" or "stiff" suspension terminology. Does my truck ride rough bc of the tire size ratio? It's floods a ton where I live & gotta take detours to avoid the deep water. What's the biggest size tire I can go up without drastically changing my suspension. My second question is what can I with my suspension in order for me to have a smooth ride without breaking my pockets? I want to truck higher but affordable. I don't know any price ranges for what could br done.
You must be registered for see images attach

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know you can run 31x10.50's on a 2wd with no issues, I don't know about larger than that, and for you need some shock's like the Monroe Reflex, just be sure you don't get a shock that's real stiff.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id try bilstein 5100's for a great ride. Dont know what kind of small lift kits you could get for a 2wd but with some 285/75 16's youll have lots of tire underneath the truck.

bamf93

Reaction score
I know you can run 31x10.50's on a 2wd with no issues, I don't know about larger than that, and for you need some shock's like the Monroe Reflex, just be sure you don't get a shock that's real stiff.
I think i'll put those tires on my new to buy list. As for as shocks, I think I have the lowest grade Monroe's.

bamf93

Reaction score
Id try bilstein 5100's for a great ride. Dont know what kind of small lift kits you could get for a 2wd but with some 285/75 16's youll have lots of tire underneath the truck.
Thanks for the input. I'm just getting tired of squatting down to get in my truck. I'm taller than my truck & I'm 6'1 1/2". Would yoy happen to know the pricing of the shocks?

bamf93

Reaction score
Last time I checked they were about 180/shock up here in Canada, you should be able to get them a lot cheaper down there.

Nice, I was on a budget whenever I bought the Monroe's. I regret not saving up more to buy better quality shocks.