Tint at night.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Wow I didn't think they would let anybody go that dark before they just called them legally blind and took their license.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 20% on my back window and have no problems seeing at night.
I have 20% on my ext cab windows over the factory.
I have 35% on my front two windows and have absolutely no problem seeing at night. In fact im going to get them retinted and put 20% up there.

I bought all my tint from snaptint.com
Heres pics during the day if it helps any.

Going 20% over factory would make the factory extended glass at 5% wouldn't it? Or did you not have tint at all on the ext cab windows?

I've decided to just get 20% all around and get used to it.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
20% isn't bad at all. My old '91 had 5% all around (except windshield) before I sold it and I primarily used it on the farm at night and hunted out of it many times at night often with the windows up and A/C on (Florida's hotter than ****!) It wasn't bad to work with, on that same truck I could see better at night with 20% tint than I could when they were clear as it reduced glare.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Mine's got somewhere around 15-20 and I can still see fine. Keeps it cool in the summer.

970tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got 35% on the front doors...soon to be replaced with 20 or 5% since it was broken into.

All back glass has 5% over factory...comes out to about 1%
You must be registered for see images attach

970tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

View from the back seat

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my '91 I have an 11" 5% eyebrow, 5% doors and 2 layers of 5% on the back glass which works out to 0.0025%. It was the first thing I ever had limo done on way back in '95. It took me a couple of days, but I got used to it pretty quickly. Even with the super-dark back glass, I've never had any troubles with visibility. I'll roll my windows down to back at night and maybe for other side checks, but that's nothing. Unfortunately, I'll probably be redoing it before too long. Since I don't drive it, it's not a big rush, but they're really cracking down on tint around here and a ticket can run $235+. The back window will stay, but the doors will go down to 20 or 30% and trim the eyebrow back to 4 or 5".

My CTS has 35% front doors and a layer of 5 and 35% (1.75%) on all rear windows. The Suburban has 30% front doors and 5% on the factory 20% (1%) on all back doors. 5% just isn't dark enough for me on the back windows.

I had a friend with a regular cab that had double 5 on the back glass, 5 and 35% on the doors and 5% on the entire windshield. Now THAT was a dark truck!