Tint at night.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gonna get my windows tinted. My Ext windows are already factory but the rear window isn't for some reason? So I'll be getting the rear window and front side windows, and will most likely do it myself with the pre-cut tint from ebay.

Gonna get 20% on the back window but I'm wondering if I should get 35% or 20% on the front. My only concern with the 20% is that it will be too dark to see out the side windows at night. Anyone have pics looking out the side windows with 20 or 35% at night?

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i don't have pics but i never had problems with that. but in mi, anything under 35% on the front is illegal. i always did 5% on the back and like 15% on the front. the contrast kept cops away. but even with 15%, i never had much of a problem. unless i was in the backwoods or a very badly lit street, which imo, it is hard to see anyway

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
With 20 I don;t see you having a problem seeing out of it at night but I have always ran 5% all around so anything else is just easy for me to see out of.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
You'll be fine with 20% IMO It's not hard to see out of at night and if there's a point where you feel you need the extra light just roll down the window

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Agreed, I am backing out of a driveway that isn't lit quite often, and thankfully I have sliding rear glass. I crack it and I can see. The thing is at night is that hopefully if there was people they would move, if a car, you'd see lights right?

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not concerned with driving in town as much as I am driving down back roads at night, which I do quite often. But if I got with 20% all around and HID lights I should be fine.

97NCZ71

Watch the Trim!
Reaction score
Gonna get my windows tinted. My Ext windows are already factory but the rear window isn't for some reason? So I'll be getting the rear window and front side windows, and will most likely do it myself with the pre-cut tint from ebay.

Gonna get 20% on the back window but I'm wondering if I should get 35% or 20% on the front. My only concern with the 20% is that it will be too dark to see out the side windows at night. Anyone have pics looking out the side windows with 20 or 35% at night?
I have 20% on my back window and have no problems seeing at night.
I have 20% on my ext cab windows over the factory.
I have 35% on my front two windows and have absolutely no problem seeing at night. In fact im going to get them retinted and put 20% up there.

I bought all my tint from snaptint.com
Heres pics during the day if it helps any.
You must be registered for see images attach

Exterior view:

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
getting 20% and HIDs is not gonna make a hell of difference because hid's are only in the front. If you are worried about seeing out of your windshield then there shouldn't be a problem because you never said you were gonna tint it. So if you rworried about your windshield and not your roll downs than you could go as dark as you want on those.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my wifes car is 0.42% (three layers for vision problems) and while driving you can see fine out the windows. You will get used it no matter how dark it is. The only issue is if you tow or plow, cause it gets tricky looking in your mirrors when you are the only lights around. I live out in the country too and near home are my only tough spots. You can just put the windows down as you need, but while plowing all night, that gets pretty old and cold pretty fast!