Time to regear/swap axles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've hosed it down with brake cleaner and pushed clean rags or paper towels through, it should work fine for you, unless you've got rust or something inside the tube.

still working on getting my gears in, been raining off and on the last couple days, so hopefully it'll clear up tommorow and I can actually do the swap...plus my POS cheap no-name air compressor is being problematic, so I went and got a 15gal 200psi dewalt compressor today. yay, new tools.

JAYB1RD

Reaction score
I used a pressure washer and stuck the wand in the tubes and twisted and rotated it around until junk stopped coming out the other end. If you don't have access to a pressure washer then a broomstick and some rags with plenty of cleaner should get the job done just fine.

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my stuff from Randys today, I'll try to post up some pics later on.

Last edited:

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 14 bolt will last if you set it up right. Even if you chew through a set of gears or two in the course of your use its really no big deal to change them. I haven't been able to break an axle shaft on one and I ran 38s forever on it.