Tie rod or idler arm? Video inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DieselDetroit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,

What do you all think? I thought it was the tie rod but that little thing shouldn't move right? (Idler arm?)

I have pretty bad uneven tire wear on the passenger side.

1993 k2500 4x4 turbo diesel 8600 GVWR passenger side

http://youtu.be/1euGNvMYhnc

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like the idler cause the tierod isn't sloping around so id say do the idler and bracket and the pitman arm just to be safe

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like the tierods tight. Like bullas1022 said get the whole idler arm assembly.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

DieselDetroit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the idler arm assembly comes with what? I don't need the relay rod do I? I'll take a look at the pitman arm next time. Man, now I know what people mean when they say 'the front ends on these go"

bullas1022

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its weird every one I've ever worked on seems to have horrible front ends but mine is all OE other than swaybar bushings and endlinks and I just rolled 200k

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The idler arm assembly is the idler arm (the piece you can see in the vid) and the idler arm pivot (the part that actually bolts to the frame).

There is a moog updated one that has a short hose where the grease fitting usually goes to and extends out and bolts onto one of the bolts that holds the sway bar onto the frame.. let's you grease it easier... works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk