throttle blade mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
i removed mine and ported the **** out of it with my dremel but since the blade is the same size i doubt its making much of a differnce but hey it was fun as hell to do

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
don't modify your throttle or maf if you want your tune to stay accurate

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
ehhh i can see where your coming from with that but i have both mine dont and dont have a single problem, what i took into consideration is they do sell larger throttle bodies and have you ever seen the aftermarket MAF sensors? they are the exact same thing as mine except most of the ones ive seen are plastic, so if they sell them just like my throttle body and MAF sensors are then im assuming there isnt alot to worry about, but i also can see why you say not to because if the computer is set to deliver fuel based off of a specific amount of air going into the engine then id see it possible to be thrown off but then what about cold air intakes? they are less restrictive then stock and people dont have problems with their tune being out of wack, im not sure how much the volume is actually being changed

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I think I started this mod years ago. I posted a thread on it over at FSC a few years ago. The main reason I removed the plate is because I did not like the stock feel of the throttle and wanted more response. It has nothing to do with performance. Any high end performance from this engine requires boost or a marine intake and 411 swap.

I have heard mixed opinions on this. Some say the like the new throttle feel while others do not. Some say that with the restrictor plate on it acts like secondary's on an old Quadrajet carb.