Thought I should say hello

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well, new here but not new to forums. Noticed a couple tech articles on other sites linked here that got my attention. Looking threw, this place is a treasure trove of info. I have several trucks, motorcycles, jetskis etc but one only GMT400, my 98 extended cab.
Bought 8yrs old with 73,000 miles from the original owner. In my time I've lowered it 5" in front with spindles, springs, and doestch tech shocks. Rear end got a flip kit, shock extenders, c-notch, and AirRide helper bags. Have a Mercedes Benz air ride compressor mounted under the bed, controlled with air ride gauge and switch inside the cab. Rolls on 17" Eagle alloys. B&M transmission shift adjuster and B&M plate style transmission cooler. The brakes have always made me sad so over time I've added high GVW 3/4ton front calipers and pads, GMT800 master cylinder, GMT800 rear disks with tahoe 2 piston calipers, and stainless steel braided brake lines all around.
She got a full repaint just over a year ago including the door handles, the pic is when I got her home before I added the new side moulding/impact strips [yes, I bought new ones and put them back on a fresh paint job]. Know that'll wrinkle some feathers haha.
Dash was cracked so I bought a good one from a junkyard and had it covered in gray+black alcantera so next time it breaks I won't know lol.
Paint matched the dash surround and interior door handle surrounds to the exteriors red.
Has a full kicker stereo with 6.5"/1" component set up front, 12" CVR sub with custom under rear seat box, 4 channel amp, and some infinity 4x6" plates for the rear fill.

I think that's about it. I've replaced just about everything else on it with oem stuff. AC system, bushings, u joints, driveshaft cut and balanced, sway bar links, brake booster, feels like the whole truck lol. I love it and have a lot more low key stuff planned like oem steering wheel audio controls, stereo upgrade, sound deadening, black carpet, gray alcantera headliner, the list goes on. See you guys around.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from another newb to these forums. That is a gorgeous Jimmy, I liked reading about all the stuff you have done to it, incl the oem and weather strips!)

How about some more pics instead of teasing us? :burnout:

Reaction score
How about some more pics instead of teasing us? :burnout:
Yeah I actually don't take many pics of the truck it turns out lol.
Heres a couple more- one hauling my ski's to the lake, the other with bikes [before the repaint as it has the tailgate emblems and black door handles still on]
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Very nice ride.