This one has been a head scratcher of a problem, and I need more help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackWagon92

Reaction score
Have you checked the ground wires on the t-stat housing yet? I would also check resistance on coolant temp sensor, and the pigtail for the CTS. Good luck

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Mine started doing the exact same thing. It was my left injector but it did the exact same problem. I swapped throttle bodies back in December and about 2-3 weeks ago, it started jumping like you're talking about. I'd be going down the highway and it would cut out and the nose would drop as you said. Then one day, leaving Walmart, I went to drive and had NO power just as you said and I pulled the air cleaner off and the left injector wasn't spraying fuel. I pulled the injectors and put my old ones back on, and it solved the problem. As ChrisAU said, rebuild that throttle body and I'm willing to bet, that the problem will be solved.

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
as of right now my dad has the truck in anoher shop
i asked him about it today at lunch and he told me hew talked with the guy and explained what was going on
hopefuly the shop will be able to get on it tomarrow

as soon as i get any info ll let you all know

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright just to let you guys know whats up
i talked with my dad at lunch today and asked him about the truck
he told me that the guy at the shop was unable to get started working on the truck so dad picked it up and towed it back home, it was still acting up.

i told him everything that you all have told me to do so he said that we will just put a new pump in

now i just got off the phone with him and he told me he had already got the pump out but we need to pick a new one up tomarrow when i get there in the morning. hopefully it will fix it, ill fid out tomarrow though (fingers crossed)

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
New fuel pump did not work
after the swap we took it out for a run that lasted about 5 minutes before it started to act up again

pulled it back in the garage and swapped out the computer with a new one we had on the shelf

when i started it up it fired up easier than it had in a long time but the same thing accoured after driving it for around 5 minutes it started acting up again
i got it back into the garage and pulled the filter cover off and now the left side injector had stopped firing, before it was always the right

do i have another bad computer, a sensor that is going bad
hell i don't know, i do know that it feels like im chasing my tail with this one

i guess the next step is to rebuild the throttle body but i don't believe that it is the problem either

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
nah the sending unit was fine
i did discover something though

we went ahead and changed the oil pressure sensor due to th gauge bouncing around, that didn't cure the injector problem
while we still had the filter housing apart my dad started the truck and it ran fine for a minute or so

i was watching the injectors and i saw right when it quit
i could see 1 of the injectors spit really funny then slowly cut out, when i would rev the engine it would try to come back and start spraying again but then slowly go out again

we went back to autozone to get the tbi rebuild kit and they asked what the stamp number on the tbi unit, in their computer it looked like there was about 50 different numbers and 2 different rebuild kits, of course they didn't have either

my dad asked me if we would have a problem if he just jerked a used one from the wrecking yard, i told him i wasn't sure but it couldn't hurt, if we had to we still had an option to rebuild it

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hopefully we finally got it

my dad took it back to the last shop after the junkyard tb fail the same as the original
the shop owner scooped the injectors and found that they were still firing but now fuel
my dad picked up the rebuild kit and dropped it off to him
while he was rebuilding it he found a pinched wire running to the left injector so he made the repair and finished the rebuild

as of today its been running good