This is new.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Cool, I guess this is a place to post up pics of the shop and tools huh?

For some useful info, I reccomend Miller Welders all the way, DeWalt grinders, Auto darkening hoods for sure, Mechanics Impact 2 Gloves for starters.

Lenox blades are good too.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not only to post up pics, but just talk about what tools you use and so on.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, I guess this is a place to post up pics of the shop and tools huh?

For some useful info, I reccomend Miller Welders all the way, DeWalt grinders, Auto darkening hoods for sure, Mechanics Impact 2 Gloves for starters.

Lenox blades are good too.

When it comes to power tools, I'm kindof a Dewalt *****. I've had too many other brands crap out on me, but my dewalts keep on rollin' and are typically carry a higher rating than others in the same area. I've also got a nice dewalt air compressor that does a phenominal job for it's size. My Father likes Ridgid cordless tools because they have a no-questions-asked lifetime guarantee on the batteries.

for air tools, I'm not too picky, I have a NAPA 1/2" impact that does a great job and is very well built, I also have some harbor freight air tools that have done pretty well, especially considering their price. also have an older snap-on impact that's still kickin'

I'm not too much of a welder at this time, but I've had good luck with my brother's Miller, as well as a few Lincolns. I hear Hobart is pretty good too, but never tried one.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
As welding goes, those are in my opinion the top three brands, I prefer Miller first, since thats the brand Ive learned to weld with the most, Lincoln has been good to me as a welder (no other experience) and Hobart Plasma cutters are pretty B.A. Harbor Freight has good tools, as long as you stay away from the basic line of electric tools, Their Pro series lasts LONGER, but still is just a cheapy... Dewalt has also been good to me, and they have some intuitive designs to make life a little easier, like the paddle trigger on the grinders as opposed to the old fashioned switch. Harbor Freight Aluminum Racing jacks are pretty frickin sweet, they are touchy with the release though but they don't take forever to get all the way to the top of their lift height. Freight's ratchet wrenches have actually outperformed Autocraft/ Gear Wrench from Advance Auto, they don't strip out the gears as quick.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is by far the most useful tool I have in my garage. I highly recommend this Black and Decker 24V cordless drill. I've had it for more than 2 yrs and I've only charged the batterry 3 times.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Most of my toys are Snap-On. Tool box, rachets, wrenches, sockets, air tools, cordless, impacts...pretty much everything.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Unibits are the **** I love mine they are very useful. Ive also got a set shears that attach to my drill that rock

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
i really like my dewalt drill. all i have is pretty much cheap tools at the house. now at work, i have a snap on roll around box, and snap on and matco and crafstman tools.