Third Brake light OEM/NOS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you say "Very Good Used one"...whats wrong with yours? I was under the impression you could polish them up with one of those headlight restoration kits and have a "Just like new" one.. Id sell you mine if I were closer to that phase..
The screw holes in the lens got brittle and pulled through and had to be hockey dobbed with with glue and it is not worth the effort to polish out. I have everything for polishing lense's out but that would just be wasted effort.

Dave454ss

Reaction score
The screw holes in the lens got brittle and pulled through and had to be hockey dobbed with with glue and it is not worth the effort to polish out. I have everything for polishing lense's out but that would just be wasted effort.

Gotcha...Makes sense. I'd sell you mine if I could...just cant yet as I need it for the time being until I get started on the resto.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Any plastic lens can be polished but a lot of these are old and cracked by now. Also if you tighten the screws too hard, even a little bit, it will break out the plastic behind them and the lens won't stay on anymore.

edit - lol, OK for some reason those same replies were on the next page and I typed this before seeing them.

Richard

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any plastic lens can be polished but a lot of these are old and cracked by now. Also if you tighten the screws too hard, even a little bit, it will break out the plastic behind them and the lens won't stay on anymore.

edit - lol, OK for some reason those same replies were on the next page and I typed this before seeing them.

Richard
I see a used one on ebay, but it looks like cargo at one time rubbed it raw and the rubber gasket is as bad or worse than mine. Looks as though it will have to be aftermarket .

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
I can't believe GM discontinued the 3rd brake light lenses already. And even more shocked no one is repopping one that looks OEM.

A couple years ago I bought was I was told were the last 2 NEW GM regular cab 3rd brake light lenses in circulation that a dealership found on part locator for me.
I was looking for one for my red truck at the time & they said only 2 were left in the system so I bought both.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I put one of those led smoked ones on mine. Didn't like it all grey so I threw a strip of red tint over the center. I think it turned out pretty good.
You must be registered for see images attach

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an uncracked stock lense. It'll need to be cleared but it's solid.

Screw holes in good shape ? Mine have been patched over they pulled through years ago. You have the cargo light and third brake all in one correct ? How much shipped to 34461 ?

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't believe GM discontinued the 3rd brake light lenses already. And even more shocked no one is repopping one that looks OEM.

A couple years ago I bought was I was told were the last 2 NEW GM regular cab 3rd brake light lenses in circulation that a dealership found on part locator for me.
I was looking for one for my red truck at the time & they said only 2 were left in the system so I bought both.
I agree, until I started looking I would have thought they would be no problem to find ! Figured they should be bunches of NOS laying around.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Screw holes in good shape ? Mine have been patched over they pulled through years ago. You have the cargo light and third brake all in one correct ? How much shipped to 34461 ?
Just checked and it does have some cracks around on of the holes. Sorry

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk