Third Brake light OEM/NOS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know a source for a OEM third brake light ? 1998 Sierra,
LMC shows the base as being available but not the lense cover ! Mine is third brake light and cargo built together. And I do know they are available in LED but I am hoping to find a very good used one or NOS OEM.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Whatever you buy, be sure it's for your cab style. Regular & crew cab use one design, extended cab uses another - they do not swap. Extended has a deeper profile because the rear roof shape is different.

Which cab style are you?

Richard

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whatever you buy, be sure it's for your cab style. Regular & crew cab use one design, extended cab uses another - they do not swap. Extended has a deeper profile because the rear roof shape is different.

Which cab style are you?

Richard
98 sierra SLE regular cab

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a sweet InproCarwear OEM-style 3rd brake light but it's clear instead of clear/red. You have to use red bulbs or red LED's for the brake light sockets. It fits regular/crew cab.. new in box, lens and 2 red bulbs for the brake light but IMO you should use nice bright LED's there. $20 + ship

Pic from their website, I can't find my pic at the moment

You must be registered for see images attach

Bought it without knowing the cab differences and it wouldn't fit my extended cab, so back in the box it went.

Richard

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a sweet InproCarwear OEM-style 3rd brake light but it's clear instead of clear/red. You have to use red bulbs or red LED's for the brake light sockets. It fits regular/crew cab.. new in box, lens and 2 red bulbs for the brake light but IMO you should use nice bright LED's there. $20 + ship

Pic from their website, I can't find my pic at the moment

You must be registered for see images attach

Bought it without knowing the cab differences and it wouldn't fit my extended cab, so back in the box it went.

Richard
I have a couple of emails out regarding this to NOS dealers, if I get no results I will get back with you. This screws to my old base plate I assume ? Whatever I buy it will need a new rubber gasket as well. My old one is very weathered. The outer lens on mine is awful looking as well.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To add to what Richard said, the part numbers you're looking for would be 16520063 (for the lens) and 16522433 (for the housing). Both of these are regular cab/crew cab. The lenses have been discontinued for years, but the housings are still available new from GM. Cost is about $115. I believe the rubber gasket you're referring to is part of the housing, and permanently attached. Been a while since I looked at mine, but that's how I remember it.

Good luck, I tried finding a new reg. cab lens years ago and gave up. The lenses have been discontinued for a long time now. I ended up settling on an Anzo LED unit, which I've actually grown to like quite a bit. They have a smoked version which is what I went with, and a clear. Here's some links if you want to check them out.

https://www.amazon.com/531064-Chrome-Third-Brake-Silverado/dp/B007VXCYOO

https://www.amazon.com/AnzoUSA-531065-Smoke-Chevrolet-Silverado/dp/B007VXCYPI

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To add to what Richard said, the part numbers you're looking for would be 16520063 (for the lens) and 16522433 (for the housing). Both of these are regular cab/crew cab. The lenses have been discontinued for years, but the housings are still available new from GM. Cost is about $115. I believe the rubber gasket you're referring to is part of the housing, and permanently attached. Been a while since I looked at mine, but that's how I remember it.

Good luck, I tried finding a new reg. cab lens years ago and gave up. The lenses have been discontinued for a long time now. I ended up settling on an Anzo LED unit, which I've actually grown to like quite a bit. They have a smoked version which is what I went with, and a clear. Here's some links if you want to check them out.

https://www.amazon.com/531064-Chrome-Third-Brake-Silverado/dp/B007VXCYOO

https://www.amazon.com/AnzoUSA-531065-Smoke-Chevrolet-Silverado/dp/B007VXCYPI
Thanks for the info, I keep hoping it will pop up in NOS but I am dreaming I think.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have a couple of emails out regarding this to NOS dealers, if I get no results I will get back with you. This screws to my old base plate I assume ? Whatever I buy it will need a new rubber gasket as well. My old one is very weathered. The outer lens on mine is awful looking as well.
Yep, it mounts to the original base; it's the same size/shape as the OEM lens. There's no gasket between the lens and housing - only a gasket between the housing and the cab. Dunno if you can pick up just a gasket for that, unfortunately..

Richard

Dave454ss

Reaction score
When you say "Very Good Used one"...whats wrong with yours? I was under the impression you could polish them up with one of those headlight restoration kits and have a "Just like new" one.. Id sell you mine if I were closer to that phase..