Thinking about buying a local used Whipple for my vortec 7.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Locally a guy has listed a lightly used, meaning used for a short time, Whipple supercharger kit that he says is a "rare 2.3l version" which I have no clue about. He wants 2k for the kit which seems a little steep considering its used and will need some on the fly fab work for little things here and there. It is definitely a 7.4 kit so I don't know what the 2.3l means. Anywho, just looking to get some input on that price. If anyone has had experience with buying and installing a used supercharger kit I would be interested to hear how your experience went.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2.3 is the displacement of the supercharger. A lot of the Whipple kits used an axo2300. John bond still has quite a few parts available. Whipple has HORRIBLE tech support! Their whippletronics system is garbage. Bypass it with bigger injectors and a proper tune. Speaking of bypass, the supercharger has a bypass valve that if I remember correctly you have to energize the solenoid or else you only get 3-4 pounds of boost. The whipple also creates a fair amount of heat and an intercooler would be best but you will have to fab something up. I'm assuming that this is a side mount supercharger. I paid $1800 for the one for my 5.3 and it was complete with 20k on it. The price was fair but not great.