Thinkin about 33x12.5 r15 on stock height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El_Coyote

Reaction score
Hi guys!
New here, please don't beat much :)
I am from Russia. Recently i got myself 1992 blazer k1500, which is not so common ride here. So sometimes i have lack of information here, lack of experienced owners.
Now i run 265/75/R16, which is too narrow for my taste. So i am thinking to go bigger.

Could you please answer, would 33x12.5 r15 fit to the stock height? Or it will rub? Could you post some fotos maybe?

And one more question, how dramatically will these tires decrease mileage? Anyone have experience?

Thank you!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You won't fit those stock height. You might be able to stuff a 33 on a stock offset wheel with little width, but the tire you want is too wide to turn when stock.

Throw a 3 inch body just on it and you can fit that tire all day with minimal trimming.

-via Mobile

El_Coyote

Reaction score
Oh, didn't thought about steering issues...Actually don't want much to get lifted because much part of my drives are in the city. Don't want to look stupid with lifted truck for mall crawling :)
And what is the widest tire, which will fit to stock height? 285?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You can go kind of wide on the tire as long as you've got a stock offset wheel.

-via Mobile

El_Coyote

Reaction score
Horns, sorry, i don't understand you. At first you say, it will be too wide to turn, then you say it will fit.

thz71, thank you! As far as i see, many of the guys here on forum run 285, not wider on stock height.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
One of the only wheels you would be able to run that on would be a steelie from an older truck. Most 15s for that size tire are too wide to use when stock.

Even with stock wheels you'll have to trim a bit.

-via Mobile

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
The wheels are going to be the problem, not the tire. These trucks can tuck a much wider tire under the fender if you have stock wheels on it. Having deeper offset wheels (like the ones you have) move the tires out, and if you put wide tires on them, they will scrub the fender and bumper.

El_Coyote

Reaction score
Ok, now i understand. Don't like the view of deeply tucked wheel, so i think my option is 285. I think i will look that way. Thank you!

By the way, what do you mean by "crank"? I understand that it's something different from lift, but what exactly? :)