Things that you've replaced that made a world of differance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
1. Redhead quick-ratio steering box
2. Flaming River U-joint replacing the rag joint
3. Ranchero RS9000 adjustable shocks
4. All new steering / suspension parts in the front end.

(soon to be NV3500 to NV4500 swap)

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny enough.. a high torque starter. The old starter was slow, I nearly bought a new battery. Decided to try the starter first. Makes me smile by how fast it turns the motor over :D

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Between all of the **** that I've done to mine, I'd say that the Blackbear tune and swapping from 3.42s to 4.10s F+R with a Truetrac in the rear is a night and day difference. Also, although I only use it when I go to the sand dunes, the electronic front actuator is leaps and bounds better than the stock thermal one.

Also, after one of the kayaks I was hauling ripped off the back drivers side roof rack corner (and the kayak took a tumble down the highway), I bought another corner piece, removed the remaining three, and fabbed up plates with nuts welded to them so that the end pieces could bolt to them inside the cab. I haven't had any issues since, and highly recommend this for anyone that is hauling any kind of **** on their roof racks and securing the straps to the actual racks.

Rock Hard Concrete

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Powertrax no slip locker in my 2wd truck. Oh my god both tires spin and the truck is no longer useless in winter or offroad. Also, converting stock aor cleaner to open element, getting rid of the collar, and replacing the air filter with a 5 inch. No, the engine bay air is not blistering hot and is never any hotter than the ambient air. Better throttle response and mpg.

skychair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. acdelco fuel injection spider, noticeable improvement.
2. tow mirrors, You wont believe what your missing.
3. Dorman master cylinder m630031, great improvement.
4. Black Bear Tune, very noticeable improvement.
on 99 yukon.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
replace old cat with a magnaflow direct fit cat, very noticeable performance increase, everything else stock.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
I know this thread is talking about drivetrain related things, but one thing that made a world of difference to me was replacing the old, sagging sun visors.

I replaced the cloth interior for leather seats a while ago and had the sagging sun visors, it felt nice, but still very old and worn. Found some brand new OEM sun visors online and it made a world of difference. Also, replacing the stock speakers made a huge change. Would definitely recommend replacing the OEM garbage.