The "Yeti" build (by request).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
A couple of people suggested I list what I've done with my old 93 Yukon, so here we go!

2010- Purchased 1993 Yukon (Government model) for $1300 dollars. Everything (including AC) when I got it, but it looked *rough*. 170,000 miles.

Discovered after buying it, that someone had run it through high water without changing any fluids, most of the drivetrain ended up failing pretty quickly after that.

Things changed/fixed/added.

* Pulled the cheesy aftermarket carpet out and went back to the factory rubber floors.
* Standard tune-up crap-filters/plugs/wires/dist. cap/rotors, serpentine belt...
* Craigslist transmission rebuild (later failed).
* Rear axle bearing rebuild.
* Transfer case rebuild (after multiple yoke seal replacements, lol).
* Front rotors/calipers.
* Front and rear driveshaft tubes rebuilt . (Rear one was bent, front one had a worn-out slipjoint - Upgraded to a larger one-IIRC a dodge slip joint, lol).
* Dashboard replaced with one from a junkyard.
* Instrument bezel replaced with one that isn't scratched/etched to death)
* Replaced blend door inside of HVAC, replaced blend-door servo as well.
* Replaced headliner/wired and added overhead console (junkyard finds).
* Installed in 4x10 speakers in factory location in the back (a waste of time).
* Replaced dash with one without any cracks/damage
* Door panel/dash respray.
* AC Compressor and idler pully replaced.
* Exhaust patched/repaired.
* Intake Manifold Gasket.
* Waterpump, Hoses, 185 degree "failsafe" thermostat, HD waterpump, HD radiator.
* New Shocks.
* Idler pully arm *sheared off*. Replaced idler-pully assembly w/gates parts.
* Hankook AT tires.
* Rear Brakes rebuilt and reshod.
* Replaced old bent-up nerf-steps with uncrushed ones.
* Windshield replaced.
* Painted entire truck in bedliner.

Craiglist transmission failure due to TC not locking up/low pressure issues. The majority of the hard parts in the 60LE were trashed.
* Bought Corvette servo, shift kit, monster sunshell/upgraded sprag, reman TC and rebuild#2 done by reputable shop.

* New Distributor, inc cap/ignition module/rotor as of last night (lol!)

Now standing at 213K (if you believe the odometer).

You must be registered for see images attach

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
Found the wheels I was looking for!

Black, and 4 lbs lighter than stock!

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
Pulled the dash down Saturday, and replaced two of the old dried out seals for the HVAC ducting. When I got it bolted back in, the radio, hatch release, and cig lighter weren't working. The fuse was good, but the line had a short to ground somewhere. One snipped wire, and a backrun to the fusebox later, everything works again.

Got the truck aligned, the camber was a little excessive on the front left wheel. Inspection of the front end shows that everything is nice and tight under there. The alignment and wheels have mitigated, mostly, what play there was in the steering.

Next steps:

Aztec needles, a tachometer instrument panel, and fender flares. Then I will be incrementally replacing/refinishing the interior plastic. I don't know if I want to bring the truck back to a tan interior, or just touch up the grey the PO changed it to. We'll see!

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
Ordered a set of "OEM-ish" flares on Ebay today for $150. They should be here on Friday :)

I'm kind of wondering whether I'll bother to paint them with black bedliner, or just leave them matte black and smooth. I think matte and smooth would look good, actually :)

Edited to say- Aaaand....they are backordered. Freaking ebay sellers.

Cancelled the order. Now I'm waiting for someone to get the right one's in stock out there. Weee.

Last edited:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Love it man! it looks great! how is the bed lining holding up? what brand and how much did you need? i really want to to that to my 94!

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
It's superliner brand. I think it ran 1.5-2 gallons for the whole truck, black and tan included.

And thanks!