The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimtim

Reaction score
So my stock 15s are rubbing on my LCAs with a 4/6 McGaughys drop kit. Would 16s not rub? What size would clear the LCA with no trimming. Or what backspacing/ offset would ya'll recommend

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If im not mistaking you will need 17" wheels to clear. I just trimmed the lower control arm gutter rail. Been going good for about 3 years already. Also think if you get bigger wheels and don't cut control arm if you ever get a flat in front cant just put on your stock 15s back. Unless you put the rear 17" or bigger wheel in front and use the stock 15 in back. Just something to think about. I would just trim control arm.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have found that 17's and up fit with no trimming, but I always trim the rain gutters anyway just in case I want or need to run the spare regardless of what size rim I am running.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I, personally, don't like cutting the LCAs. I think it weakens them, and I've seen a couple that bent after not that much stress-like railroad tracks and the occasional curb. In fact, I'm dealing with one on the truck I'm building right now.

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't know my Belltech front spindles pushed my wheels out. How much does it push them out?

I've been reading this thread for thirty minutes... Good info..

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
3/4" per side.

I've always read, but never confirmed, 1/2". When did 3/4" come around?

Has anybody actually confirmed this, and by confirmed I mean measured very carefully the distance of centerline of the ball joint stud holes on the spindle to the inner bearing seat, compared Belltech to DJM, on same-application spindles?

Richard

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always read, but never confirmed, 1/2". When did 3/4" come around?

Has anybody actually confirmed this, and by confirmed I mean measured very carefully the distance of centerline of the ball joint stud holes on the spindle to the inner bearing seat, compared Belltech to DJM, on same-application spindles?

Richard

I've always heard 1/2" too.