The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bolt in notches even require you to notch the bed support, so thats as far as you can go without intruding into the bed.

I can handle that. I just don't want a raised section in the center of my bed ha ha

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I bagged mine I refused to cut into anything beyond notching the frame and clearancing for the front bags. I still have my front inner fenders and all I have for a notch is a flip kit c-notch. My rear bags are bottomed and I still have a little bit of room left in the notch and before the diff hits the bed floor. Aired out, I can actually roll (slowly, of course...it'll beat you to death) and steer when it's completely aired out. It doesn't lay frame, but that was never a goal when I did it. Now, though, I would like to go back and rework it to lay, I just don't have the funds.

You must be registered for see images attach

SomeshowNOgo

Reaction score
Might be a stupid question....

Lowered my 98' RCSB 5/6 (have tired leaf springs, so truck sits even like this). Used belltech components, spindle and coil with a flip kit. Put Foose legend wheels on it, 20x8.5 on the front and 20x10 on the rear. +7 offset in the front (first mistake) and 0 offset in the rear. My issue is the front passenger wheel. It sticks out further than the driver side, almost like its the wrong offset. I've checked the wheel thinking they sold me two different offset and that's not the problem. Any suggestions???

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, your sheet metal is on crooked in the front. Sometimes you can loosen your radiator support mounts and shove it over. Be sure your hood is up when you do it and realign the hood when you get it right.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Can the front of a 2WD be lowered with shorter coils?
Would everything be able to adjust far enough to compensate for this and not have horrible camber issues?
I only plan to go down 2'' in the front

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
That's the answer I was hoping to hear! It'll suck if the camber adjustment doesn't go far enough after I do it though haha.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Another pretty dumb question, would the stock shocks be suitable for a 2 inch drop in the front or would I need to purchase a new set? I need new shocks in the rear anyway so I'll figure that out when I cross that road

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When lowering with springs, you'll need shorter shocks. If you were to use spindles, stock shocks would be fine.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Spindles are a bit out of my price range so I guess I'll get some nicer shocks too. Thanks!

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8