The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
^^^^Some good info right there. Thanks for the help least I know what I'm getting into when I do my hangers this winter.

Adam

Laid GP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My truck is lowered 2/4 with springs, hangers and shackles. Ever since, the parking brake cable dangles. I attached it to the frame with hangers but it still doesn't seem to have enough tension on it to actually engage the brake. I have tried to adjust the tension using the adjuster under the bed, but it didn't seem to do much good. Any suggestions?

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That doesnt make sense. The parking brake cable(s) are attached at each end and moving the axle up or down doesnt change anything (within reason). You must have detached the cable at one end or the other during the lowering process. re-attach the cable to its mount, and you should be good.

Laid GP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new hangers did not have a mount with them for it, they were used and I believe they were DJM hangers. Is it possible to order that part?

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I am planning on doing a 3/6 or 4/6 on my 88, I know the process I plan to take for the rear which is a flip kit, in the front I really like the idea of cutting the stock coils for 2" until I can replace it with a coilover setup. How is a cheaper way to get the other 2" in the front so the stance is right until I can get the new front kit bought? It will not be performance driven until it is in a more complete state and the new stuff is on. (sometime next year) so the stance is more important. This will help me decide if I can actually live with it that low in my area.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went the same route you did. I would go straight to coilovers if i did it all over again. There will be a writeup pretty soon on a coilover swap

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Dropped spindles is about the only way. Those = a 2" drop. + a 1/2 coil cut would give you the 3".
A 3" difference front to back would make the truck sit level.