The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My '98 has had this done for almost 6 years. With LOTS of 'spirited' driving under them. More than 120,000 miles worth. Not one problem with the LCA's.
I've been through several roadside inspections by these (sneaky *******) guys, with my '98.
http://www.cvse.ca/
Modded vehicles are a favourite target! They've gone through ALL my mods with a fine tooth comb. From the welds on the relocated rear upper shock mounts to fender/tire clearance to lowest point/ground measurements. Everyone of those 'inspectors', (which are also RCMP officers, Canada's largest 'gang'!) have seen & noted the LCA mod.
They have the power to seize the vehicle on the spot if they deem it unsafe!
They usually have tow trucks at the ready, at the inspection trap. (Ooops, I mean inspection site!) Not one has made a to-do about the LCA's.
Yes, there is a kit, (or make your own) & it should probably be used, but I know of several lowered GMT400's locally that also have had no probs without.
Not trying to be a smart a$$, just my personal experiences.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, thats fine. What I wrote was my personal opinion. I, personally, would rather not trim lower CAs. I know a lot of people who do/did without problem. But then again, I have heard of them failing.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
After reading through all of this, I'm interested in a 3 & 4 drop. The wheels I'm planning on using are 15". Djm is probably what I'll buy as a kit. The tires that I want are 255's.
What width of wheel would be great to use, 15 x8, or 15 x 9? Don't want any rubbing problems.

Would I get by if I use 17" wheels with the drop control arms (3,4) and 255/55/R18? Will there be plenty of room without anything hitting when turning or on dips?

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would I get by if I use 17" wheels with the drop control arms (3,4) and 255/55/R18? Will there be plenty of room without anything hitting when turning or on dips?

Im thinking that if you try to run 18" tires on 17" wheels, the least of your worries is going to be clearances.....

tahoe man

Reaction score
I'm new here but I wanted to ask if a flip kit frm a 98 chevy silverado will fit onto a 99 gmc yukon it doseny have sway bars

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I'm new here but I wanted to ask if a flip kit frm a 98 chevy silverado will fit onto a 99 gmc yukon it doseny have sway bars

Probably not. The frame is straight over the axle of a pickup. The frame of a Yukon doglegs over the axle.

Sent from an obama phone