The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a couple, they are not the best pic's.
You must be registered for see images attach

That is perfect. Any lower than that and I would have valence issues.

Are the tires OEM size?

Why DJM?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes the tires are stock size 235/75/15 and I like DJM spindle's because they don't push the wheel's out .5 in. per side like belltech's do, and I also prefer the ride of DJM drop spring's over belltech, but I do like belltech notch's better because they wrap around the frame instead of just bolting to the side of the frame like the djm's do!

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
i agree i have 210 dollars in my drop but spindles were done when I bought it and i gotta couple freebies along the way lol

Freebies you say? And I have a lot in my drop. Being that I've bought stuff twice (springs and flip). Never again will I buy a Mcgaughys flip. It's a ripoff. You don't get anything but the cradle.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
yea djm flip kit and c notches minus u bolts were free shock extenders were free I got a set of damn near brand new djm 2 in drop spring for 50 bucks shipped he said there was only like 8k or so on em then he bagged I beleive him they still looked brand new

edit I paid like 30 bucks for shipping on the flip kit and notches

oh cant forget a lil hanger swapping with you lol

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yea djm flip kit and c notches minus u bolts were free shock extenders were free I got a set of damn near brand new djm 2 in drop spring for 50 bucks shipped he said there was only like 8k or so on em then he bagged I beleive him they still looked brand new

edit I paid like 30 bucks for shipping on the flip kit and notches
It's nice when you get those kind of deal's!

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Suburban with 2" Hotchkis front coils (that actually gave a full 3" drop when measured before/after) with 2" shackles and 1" hangers on stock 235/75 tires.

It still has about 3/4" of rake in the rear, but a full load of groceries fixes that. :lol:

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Suburban with 2" Hotchkis front coils (that actually gave a full 3" drop when measured before/after) with 2" shackles and 1" hangers on stock 235/75 tires.

It still has about 3/4" of rake in the rear, but a full load of groceries fixes that. :lol:

I spose I could always just completely fill the tank to keep the ass down. :p

I am digging draggins 4/4 and I think if I do this and don't go with the notch I will regret it and end up doing it anyway later on.

Why did you decide on that setup? What part did you say was a PITA with the rear?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why did you decide on that setup?

It was completely pieced together. It started with the coils. For a mild drop, I prefer coils to spindles. I like the stiffer spring rate and the better handling that comes with it. So, I had some 2" coils ready to go on and I also had a pair of shackles laying around, so I figured a 2/2 would be good...Until I actually installed everything and ended up with 3" from the coils and had the ass end aiming at the clouds. That's when I added the hangers.

What part did you say was a PITA with the rear?

The hangers. I hate hangers. I knew I would, but was hoping they wouldn't be AS bad since there was no fuel tank to work around. Yeah, they still sucked huge donkey balls. There's no fuel tank to deal with on the driver's side, but that 55 gallon drum of a stock muffler on the passenger side didn't do me any favors whatsoever. Removing the bump stops pissed me off too. WTF is with mounting them with 1 bolt and 1 rivet? Seriously.

If I had a nice shop to work in with a lift and all the best tools, I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad, but I'm a poor family man working in my carport with a very limited tool selection.

I hate hangers.