The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@monsterwake if I’m understanding correctly, sounds like you’re at a 2/5 drop?

3” drop in the front is a bunch for springs. 1” springs would be the most I would do. Drop-lower control arms and drop spindles will retain factory ride characteristics while giving you the desired drop.
I've had good results with a 2" drop on cut factory springs on a 1/2 ton using 454 springs, but I agree 3" of drop with just springs is too much.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
1994 GMC single cab 350. I have the beltech 3" drop springs with the spacer. I had to put the spacer in because I was riding on bumpstops without them. The rear is the normal flip kit and I put the lift shackles on. The rear is almost exactly 1" lower that the from measuring from the ground to the top of the fenderwell. It was perfect until I added the spacers in the front springs but man it was a rough ride. I also have street performance shocks all around and the upper and lower shock extensions on the rear.

My previous post was very uninformational. My bad.
Measure from flat areas of frame to ground. The front wheel openings are taller than the rears, so it will give you a false sense of level/rake.

Richard

monsterwake

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I will take a look this weekend and make sure I am level when measuring.
One other thing. I need to get a picture but the shackles that I bought did not come with bolts so I used factory. The problem is the bolt head rides against the hanger that the shackle is mounted to. That causes a squeaky sound. I am sure that isn't normal. I will get a picture.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Measure from flat areas of frame to ground. The front wheel openings are taller than the rears, so it will give you a false sense of level/rake.

Richard
So $hit??? Wow.....learn something every day!!!
Now I don't feel so "bad" with my 4/6 looking like it squats to me. I'm ready to take my spacer out (when I heal up) so it's 5/7.
I'll definitely measure that before I tear the front end apart.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So $hit??? Wow.....learn something every day!!!
Now I don't feel so "bad" with my 4/6 looking like it squats to me. I'm ready to take my spacer out (when I heal up) so it's 5/7.
I'll definitely measure that before I tear the front end apart.
Tail draggers unite. Mine for sure has a rake to it. @618 Syndicate talked me into getting 454 coils and cutting them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tail draggers unite. Mine for sure has a rake to it. @618 Syndicate talked me into getting 454 coils and cutting them.
You must be registered for see images attach
Lol....that's a club I don't wanna be part of!!!
I'll have to wait a while, mine is still up on ramps/blocks. I wanna get it on the road and get some kms/miles on her to see if the front settles like a few here told me it should.

It was soooooooo close to getting out on the road but then it was close enough to winter I figured no sense in registering it. And then winter took it's sweet ass time getting here, and now it's here, so a few more months to wait.
But that's ok, waited almost 3 decades to drop it, what's a hundred days or so....lol.

I think it was @618 Syndicate who was trying to convince me to ditch the spacer as well.....he's a bad influence!!!!!

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know.....I'm just trying to convince myself that it doesn't!!! Lol
Before it hits the road, I'm sure there will be pics of my frontend ripped apart on my thread. Lol
Me too buddy. I’m actually going to rock this for a while until my ‘94 is ready then tear into the front end. Can’t have both trucks down at the same time. Plus my parents wouldn’t like their whole workshop being taken over by me.