The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A lot of the people that have the RCX lifts will generally tell you that the 2" isn't worth it.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
The 2-3" kits are good for the advertised 2-3" lift.

If your truck is already cranked up 2.5" and you expect the kit to get you an extra 3"... you're going to have a bad experience with it.

2-3" of lift can be achieved without a kit, bit it's going to ride like a brick and wear out the front end. The 2-3" kit more or less just fixes the angles that go along with cranked stock suspension.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
The 2-3" kits are good for the advertised 2-3" lift.

If your truck is already cranked up 2.5" and you expect the kit to get you an extra 3"... you're going to have a bad experience with it.

2-3" of lift can be achieved without a kit, bit it's going to ride like a brick and wear out the front end. The 2-3" kit more or less just fixes the angles that go along with cranked stock suspension.
This is correct ^^
Most of your 2-3" kits will come with a 1" diff drop, new UCAs to correct ball joint angle and alignment, and torsion keys.

Davidk3500

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
First off, great forum here. I have had some good advice so far, thank you.

I put a 6" tuff country suspension lift on my 1994 crew cab dually 4x4 and now I'm contemplating a body lift as well. I was initially thinking of a two inch body lift but should I just do three inches? What's a good company to go with? I want to get the bumper brackets etc.

What do you guys think? Here's my truck as it sits now...

Also, does anyone have any pics of a truck with six inch suspension and three inch body lift combined?

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I put a 3" BL on my C2500. I picked up a kit from Summit racing that was low cost and worked out great.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't care if this is a stupid question but do/can more parts wear with a lift on a 4WD truck than a 2WD truck?