The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I'm all for body lifts, not a thing wrong with them.

I think that would work just fine man. The only way it wouldn't would be if the wheels stuck way out.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know most of you guys are against this but
will 20x12s with 285/50s fit underneath a
92 4x4 tahoe cranked with a 2" body lift

Wouldn't you need a wider tire? 285 isn't even 12" wide.

Heavy

Reaction score
Going for that cencal flavor. Idk if either a body kit or new ucas and super crank

BigBrosMo

Reaction score
So much info on these threads and I just get overwhelmed being a newbie... I want to lift my daily driver, 93 C1500 Extended cab that I drive predominantly on pavement and through the odd farmers field. I just want to sit a bit higher and give it a bit of a beefier look... should I just be putting 2" coil spacers on the front (any recommendations?), or go for a 4" spindle lift with blocks on the back??? or no need for the blocks? I am personally not interested in a body lift from what I've read about them. Any links to the kit or product I would need would be appreciated. I've been reading for hours and just keep going in circles! lol

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
So much info on these threads and I just get overwhelmed being a newbie... I want to lift my daily driver, 93 C1500 Extended cab that I drive predominantly on pavement and through the odd farmers field. I just want to sit a bit higher and give it a bit of a beefier look... should I just be putting 2" coil spacers on the front (any recommendations?), or go for a 4" spindle lift with blocks on the back??? or no need for the blocks? I am personally not interested in a body lift from what I've read about them. Any links to the kit or product I would need would be appreciated. I've been reading for hours and just keep going in circles! lol

Either, how much tire you want to sit on will basically make the call for you. 31 = 2", 33 = 4".

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I see people always talking about replacing their keys with ford key and I was yhinking about doing the same thing. But my questions is what years and what models of fords am I looking for to get the keys everybodies using.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see people always talking about replacing their keys with ford key and I was yhinking about doing the same thing. But my questions is what years and what models of fords am I looking for to get the keys everybodies using.

Assuming you have a gmt400 don't bother. Stock keys will crank to the droop stops

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Can you just lift the rear and put huge drag tires on the back???? Stupid lift questions thread. I had to. I'm sorry lol.