The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
and here again
attachment.php

scharst

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know this might seem like a very dumb question, but just cranking my keys enough to level my truck up in the front wont do anything to my front end components correct?? i dont want to crank it enough to level it out just to find out i have to spend a bunch of money on new steering and ****. its at stock height right now just to clarify!

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Every little bit will put that much more stress on the front end and depending on where your trucks angles are at currently the one inch could mean a lot or could mean very little. Every truck is different and come different heights stock so you will never have the same exact level after one inch of crank as your buddy did.
Basically what I'm saying is if you plan on cranking just watch your angles and no one inch generally does not cause your front end to wear out faster than normal.

scharst

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright thanks for the help!!! also, how much of an angle should be cause for alarm??? and how much is "safe"

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is acceptable:

You must be registered for see images attach

This is unacceptable :nono:

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
This is acceptable:

This is unacceptable :nono:

This guy speaks the truth. I general rule of thumb I like to use is to count the amount of ribs touching on the boots. 2 is ok anymore than that and you should probably decrank some.

scharst

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome guys thanks! ill keep that rule of thumb in mind when i level it! very helpful! much appreciated